6 Ways to Save $ on Printing CostsBy
Printer ink can range from $13 to $75 an ounce. You could buy more than 2,000 gallons of gas for the cost of a gallon of ink. Here are six ways you can save money on printing costs.
- Print with EcoFont – it has tiny holes in each letter so it uses 25% less ink but is still easy to read
- Lower the quality of your prints in the advanced settings – you should never have to go over 300 dpi (dots per inch)
- Print in black and white rather than color when you can.
- Use CleanPrint (browser extension) to print off the Internet – it auto strips out ads and navigation and you can delete images or text, etc.
- Keep printing until you see the ink run out on a page rather than trusting the warning that your ink cartridge is empty – you could have up to 30% more ink left.
- Don’t Print It – doPDF is a free PDF printer. You just tell a page to print like normal, but select doPDF as the printer. In seconds you’ll have a digital PDF file of your document. It’s easy to store, organize and read, but you don’t use any ink. Plus, if you need to print it later you can still do it.
Hope you found this helpful!
Some links on this page or post may be affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, we only recommend products or services we believe will add value to our readers.