Archive for Mobile marketing
Are you using MobileMe? Apple is discontinuing service for MobileMe and is encouraging MobileMe users to make the transition to iCloud.
You’ll need to save any MobileMe data currently hosted on Apple’s servers. If you don’t, it will be lost forever on June 30, 2012.
Here is a link to FAQ regarding the transition: www.apple.com/mobileme/transition.html
Mobile marketing will be one of the next big waves in technology. Just listen to these statistics:
- There are 4.1 billion mobile phones worldwide
- 87% of U.S. adults own a mobile phone
- 52,000 text messages are sent every second
- 97% of text messages are opened (33% within one hour)
- 91% keep their mobile phone within 3 to 4 feet of them 24/7
- mobile advertising will from 3.3 billion in 2011 to 20 billion in 2015
- smart phones will eclipse PC sales by 2012
Mobile marketing is important for local businesses. To market effectively for the mobile market, local businesses need the following:
- a mobile friendly website
- Google Places and Yelp listings
- optimized presence in social networks (Four Square, Twitter, Facebook, etc.)
I can help you set up a mobile marketing plan. Send me an email; I’m at firstname.lastname@example.org.