Cool Office GadgetsBy
I was browsing around on Amazon and saw a few items I thought you might be interested in, especially if you are planning to do any recording, podcasting, teleseminars or webinars. Also, if you are into photography or taking images for social media, there is a good deal on a 16MP digital camera by Nikon (I just bought this and I love it). I’ve linked them to my Business Needs page (they’re all in the third row) so all you have to do is click on them to check them out in more detail.
Olympus VN-702PC voice recorder for just over $50. From what I’ve seen, this is a great price for all these features which include:
- Weighs under 3 ounces and measures 4.3 x 1.5 x 0.7 inches.
- Features a large LCD screen and built-in stand, 2 GB of internal memory, and microSD memory card compatibility which lets you easily capture high-quality audio.
- Enables you to download your files via USB and records in both MP3 and WMA formats.
- Gives you 823 hours of recording time and 2 GB of internal memory so you can dictate notes and documents, capture lectures, etc., and still have plenty of room to store documents.
- The device also features a microSD slot with the potential to hold up to 32 GB of additional memory.
- Built-in stand on the back of the body designed to reduce noise from the surface when the recorder is placed on the table. It works like a kickstand and allows users to read the menu without having to look down at the recorder.
- USB connectivity enables fast file transfers to your PC, as well as storage for e-mailing.
- The Calendar Search Function allows you to easily search your files by date and play them back with ease.
- Voice Activation saves time and energy by allowing you to start and stop the recording hands-free.
- And, even better for your transcriptionist (hopefully that’s me), wherever you are–whether in a conference room, large hall, or at home–the microphones will automatically adjust to capture the best sound depending on your setting.
Blue Snowball Plug-and-Play USB Microphone with Studio headphones and microphone pop filter for about $90. This gives you studio quality recordings and exceptional sound-capture quality. The Snowball produces crisp, clean recordings that are free of feedback and distortion. A unique pattern switch allows you to toggle between three different settings, giving you the flexibility to record vocals, instrumental music, podcasts, interviews, hearings, depositions, and more. With a plug-and-play design that is both Mac and PC compatible, the Snowball requires no additional drivers and is ready to record straight out of the box.
Norton 360 2013 Premier (1 user/3 PCs) for only $29.99. This is a real deal! I have used Norton for several years for my computer security and I paid more than this on sale early this winter. This provides a single, comprehensive solution that protects you from threats, guards your files against loss, and optimizes your PC’s performance. It lets you share, surf, shop, bank, and socialize online without downloading threats, getting ripped off, or having your passwords and identity stolen. Automatically backs up your files-so you don’t have to remember to do it-without getting in your way. Cleans up and tunes up your PC to keep it running fast and trouble-free. Protects without slowing you down or getting in your way.
Nikon COOLPIX S6300 16 MP digital camera for $126.95. As I said above, this is a great little camera (I have the blue one and I used it to take the Snowball picture at the top of this post) which features:
- 16.0 Megapixel CMOS sensor
- 10x Zoom-NIKKOR glass lens
- 2.7-inch bright LCD display
- Full HD (1080p) Movies with Stereo Sound
- Comes in four colors to choose from
Hope you found a new gadget for your office! Take care.