Creating and Using Boards for BusinessBy Suzanne
When you open a Pinterest account, you’ll notice that you’re given several boards to help you get started. Each board has a theme, such as “Products I Love” and “Books Worth Reading.” But if you’re using Pinterest for business, you’ll want to create boards that are relevant to your offerings and message.
Creating boards is simple. On your home screen, just click “Add” and then click “Create a Board.” From there you can name your board, select a category and dictate who can pin to the board.
Here are some tips for using Pinterest boards for business.
* Put some thought into your board names. An interesting name will entice visitors to look at your board, and targeted keywords will help with SEO. Combine these two elements to come up with the most effective board names.
* Choose an appropriate category. The categories are pretty straightforward, so this shouldn’t be too difficult. The important thing is to remember to choose one. If you create a new board as you’re making a pin, you are not asked to choose a category, and you may not remember to go back and do it later. Then your board will not show up for users when they browse the site by category, and you could miss out on visitors.
* Add a description. The board description is often neglected, but it’s a great opportunity to create interest and work in keywords.
* Rearrange your boards as needed. You can put your boards in any order you like, so place those that you want to feature first. If you have lots of boards, remember that those that are above the fold will get more visits than those that visitors must scroll to see.
* Choose board covers wisely. Each board has one photo that is featured as its cover. You can change the cover at any time by hovering over the board and clicking “Edit Board Cover.” From there you can choose any photo from the board. Select one that will make visitors want to see more.
* Create boards that will draw attention. Think about what you can do for Pinterest users, not what they can do for you. Themes that are useful or entertaining will bring in the most visitors. Instead of just creating a glorified catalog or advertisement, create boards that feature information or advice that is relevant to your market. Make them smile, laugh, and think.
You can’t have a great Pinterest presence without great boards. Concentrate on coming up with fun, attractive or helpful themes, and your audience will eagerly await your pins.
P.S. You can check out our boards at WordProcessPlus