RSS Feeds / iPadBy
You’re likely already familiar with RSS (Real Simple Syndication) feeds for reading blogs and other websites. If you’re using your iPad as a way to keep up on your blog reading while on the go, you will want to configure your favorite RSS feeds to be delivered right to your iPad.
Setting up RSS feeds is, as the name promises, real simple! Here’s how:
- Open Safari and navigate to your favorite blog or website.
- When the site opens, look for the RSS feed icon and tap on it.
- This will open the web-based RSS reader, showing all the latest posts in the feed.
- Then just bookmark the feed as you would any other site, using the steps above.
Using these steps will ensure that you’re ready to get to work, keeping up on the latest and greatest, whenever you have a spare minute.
If you’d prefer to use an app news reader, there are several that are rated highly. My favorite is:
- Pulse News Reader. (Free.) Pulse is a gorgeous app and it lets you add all of your favorite blogs to it. Praise for this app includes “The iPad Pulse Reader Scales the Charts” – NYTimes. This reader also allows you to quickly share articles on Facebook and Twitter, too.