Video Marketing – 9 BenefitsBy
Marketing Your Business With Video – 9 Benefits
YouTube is super hot and only getting hotter! I learned just yesterday (while learning how to set up a YouTube One channel) that YouTube gets over 4 billion video views per day. Crazy, right? Consider these statistics–in one minute, there are:
- 100 new accounts created on LinkedIn
- 100,000 tweets sent on Twitter
- 277,000 log-ins on Facebook
- 2.8 million videos viewed on YouTube
After reading the above, you’re probably thinking, “Hmmm, maybe I should be putting some videos up on YouTube myself!” Shooting a video, editing and formatting it, and uploading it to the internet with the right title, keywords, video tags, and description takes a bit of time. But the payoff for video marketing can be huge. Nine real benefits of marketing with video include the following.
- Portability – Maybe even more so than articles and ebooks, video is portable. iPhones, Smartphones, iPads and all kinds of other devices allow video to be seen on the go. People can download video easily so they can view it over and over again.
- Personal Connection – Especially for internet based businesses, the personal connection with your potential market is a big selling factor. With video, your audience can truly get to know you. They get to see that you are indeed a real, live person. They start building a deeper relationship with you and feel as if they’ve actually met you. This is the know/like/trust factor we hear so much about.
- Social proof – There’s an old proverb: “Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.” On the internet it’s so easy to be a fake and a fraud. People are skeptical about claims they read online, and rightfully so. But video puts a face to your words and makes you more believable and trustworthy.
- Traffic – People are watching 4 BILLION videos per day on YouTube alone! That’s a whole lot of traffic you’re missing if you’re not marketing yourself with video. It’s free and easy to add your video to a large number of the video sharing sites available online; i.e., vimeo.com, viddler.com, veoh.com (funny they all start with “v,” isn’t it?) .
- Emotional Influence – The classic horror movie is a great example of how audio has an emotional effect on us. The creepy music comes in, immediately cluing you in that something bad is about to happen. Now, imagine combining that audio with powerful video cues to influence the emotions of the listener thus creating a much more compelling message than with just text alone.
- Demonstrations – Reviews, tutorials, screencast demos, case studies, and examples are great ways to sell products and services. It’s the reason why infomercials make millions of dollars. Now there’s no need for you to be as annoying as the Sham-Wow guy to make money with video; you just need to create videos that show and tell your potential customers why your product will be useful to them.
- Engagement – There are many reports available online to show that video boosts response and conversion rates. When someone is watching a video, you have their full attention – eyes and ears. Unlike with the written word, they’re not likely to skip ahead or gloss over important information. Most people will watch a video from beginning to end, allowing you to clearly create a message and call to action that engages your audience.
- Leads and Sales – You can monetize your videos with the use of annotations. With video annotations you can add interactive commentary to your videos. You can use them to add background information about the video, create stories with multiple possibilities (viewers click to choose the next scene), and/or link to related YouTube videos, channels, or search results from within a video (use your affiliate links to earn passive income). You decide what your annotations say and when and where they appear and/or disappear in the video. YouTube traffic can bring in more email leads to your list, new product sales, new clients, and increase website traffic.
- Google+ On Air Hangouts – These would be great videos to add to your YouTube channel on a regular basis. You can broadcast straight from a website and screen share at the same time. Hangouts On Air let you broadcast your hangout which makes them a great option for large presentations, demonstrations, or lectures. After the hangout and live broadcast, you can edit the meeting recording and share it on YouTube.
I’ve added a few resources below to help you get started on your video creation.
Check out the top 3 items on this page by iStabilizer which can make it easier to use your smartphone to create videos: http://www.wordprocessingplus.com/ipads
Get a free collection of 3D Male Figures as a bonus when you sign up for a great PowerPoint For Video course here: http://www.wordprocessingplus.com/lc
If you use a Mac, learn how to create animated videos using Keynote presentation software (about $20): www.wordprocessingplus.com/video
Overall, video is an effective marketing strategy that is only growing in popularity. Since video is here to stay, it’s time to check out the options and see how quick and easy video marketing can be.
Happy videoing (if that’s a word) and don’t forget to smile! Please feel free to share this article with anyone you think will find it helpful.
P.S. I just ran across this article which details 10 excellent video editing apps for your smartphone. A quick look tells me all but 3 or 4 of them are free and the others are quite low in price. http://ow.ly/lJsz0
**In full disclosure, some of the products I mention may be affiliate links, for which I receive compensation if you make a purchase. In no case do those situations either cause you to pay extra for a product purchase, or cause me to give a favorable review or recommendation of a product that I think is terrible or fails to deliver on its promises.